Thursday, October 04, 2007

gives me an idea/new painting II

fol owing earlier post, I've decided to create some home brewed hype. Whilst others may stand clutching their fivers, tenners or in fact a bit more, eagerly awaiting one or both of the Chapman brothers to deface and therefore increase the value (as quoted in post earlier) I have a cunning plan - I am in the process of painting part of a £10 note (my usual style), and hopefully, with long nights ahead will finish it by the 14th Oct - opening day at the frieze art fair. It is my intention to get the 'Chaps' to sign my painting, hopefully, and will extreme bits of luck, they might like the concept of creating a double stooge!! It could lead onto other avenues - someone buying it, a gallery becoming interested who knows.... but something could happen, again its like doing the lottery (although I don't), there's always a chance. Hopefully, using this blog / my website and any other means I can think of, i'm going to try to create a positve return. Wait and see...... I will post updates of the painting as it progresses and of any deveopments. As my dad would quite happily quote from Del Boy -'he who dares...'


Painting in its first stage - mapping out with paynes grey acrylic paint, 000 size brush on primed canvas (4 layers 1 white acrylic). apologies for quality of photo - taken past midnight, in shed with poor lighting!

size: 20 x 20cm

No comments: