Monday, October 15, 2007

all day I dream about sex




Some of us may remember this logo from our teenage days. I used to own several pairs of football boots, trainers and kit bags with this image festooned across them. I recently bought a pair of 'sambas' and practically live in them. Maybe its because I hanker after those days when I was youthful (probably more like fitter!) and wearing them releases past experiences - scoring a try for the school, carrying a white holdall as carried by the Dexys Midnight runners or just bumping around in them, who knows. But as time moves on so do we, but we can always try to revisit them: friends reunited has proved that. As with time, things change - looking at the new image/styling of the Adidas logo its lacks heart and it does leave me cold,

So where does all this fit in with my painting?

Working on a small project about items that evoke a personal response I intend to complete a series of 6 paintings which reflect different stages in my life.

As a school kid, we often heard the phrase "all day I dream about sex" with reference to Adidas and many other connotations (which i cant think of at the moment), it always stuck in the depths of my mind and seeing Adidas sports wear always make me think of that time and saying.

Returning to a larger canvas than the ones I have recently being working on I have started painting the afore mentioned painting; size 100 x 75cm

First stage - marking out in paynes grey (again image not brilliant - taken at night in shed!)


No comments: