Saturday, October 06, 2007

gives an idea/new painting III believe the hype!

Well, things are on the move - work on the £10 note painting is coming along, see image below. I have opted for a blue grey colour rather than match the browns found on a £10 note. The reason for this: its more in keeping with my other work, brown looks s*** as seen on wild west painting, it changes the intention to make a copy of a note and I intend to use on orange as a contrast - not making a great deal off sense - late night painting!!


Update on the hype!: contacted Frieze yesterday, spoke to their press about the concept - they liked the idea but no free tickets (I had no intention of trying to get a free ticket)

I will have to queue like everyone else, but that's all part of it.

I intend to post the full idea and thought process later/nearer the time. If it goes the further movement will be to auction the painting and proceeds going to breast cancer charity.

Next stages:

second coat of blue/grey on canvas

contact white cube gallery - in view of my intentions

post more on different groups that I am part of

bump up the hype!!

No comments: